Borzoi (lying), memorial, urn for dog's ashes, with dog statue, exclusive, ArtDog
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
BuckleDown DL6FTWDY070 Dog Leash, Villains Hexing Princess' Scenes color Black White, 6'
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including 4Steps Pet stairs Detachable Pet Bed Stairs Dog Ramp Ladder for Older or Smaller Dogs brown (Size 2Steps), baby adoption in the US, Animal Treasures BP196 PI Kitty Kan Dome Litter Box, Pink, One Size, foster care adoption, Bonka Bird Toys 1647 Foraging Party Bird Toy Parred Forager Cage Toys Cages African Grey Amazon Preening Pet Aviary Pipes Parreds (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our Bowser Oslo Ortho Bed, Small, Driftwood. We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- C MDIAOSI Chongwuwo Removable and washable pet bed cat bed pet supplies four seasons universal (color C, Size M)
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- 10x1.7 m Tidyard Euro Fence Set with Ground Spikes Garden Mesh Fence Panel Set Security Fencing Steel Wire Patio Barrier Animal Edge 10x0.8 m Steel Grey
- BarryL Dog Bed Cat Bed Flamingo Elastic Pet Nest Plush Material Cat And Dog Universal Kennel Pet Bed (color Red)
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- Cat Dog Bowls, Ceramics Cat Food Bowl Cat Feeding Bowl Cat Water Bowl Feeder, for Cats Puppies, Green, bluee, Yellow, Pink (color Green)
- 3 X Ringwood Outdoor Poultry Feeder with Fins 2.5kg
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- 155x105x35cm grey as picture10Pet Carriers Oxford Fabric Paw Pattern Car Pet Seat Cover Dog Car Back Seat Carrier Waterproof Pet Mat Hammock Cushion Predector
- Bulk buys Adjustable Dog Seat Belt
- Adoption Therapy
- Choice 8 322 Professional Premium Quality Farriers Tools Hoof Nipper Trimmer Cutter Trimming Tool Kits (Choice 7)
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- Black SSAMMZN Backpack transparent cat bag space capsule dog bag cat bag cat cage portable out bag foldable breathable cat bag (color black)
AB pet toy Interactive cat toys wooden educational toys funny cat cat supplies
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, 1 All Systems Pocket Size Pin Brush 35mm Pins, Black Soft Durable Nylon Dog Collar Stripe Pet Classic Solid color Collars, Aoligei Kennel Washable Bedding mat biteResistant pet Litter mat Perfect for Sunbathing mat, Nap&Sleeping Bed, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- Dog Brush Pet Supplies Special Foot Washer Dog Paw Cleaner Silicone Foot Washer Beauty Special Cleaning Tool,Pink,L
- FLYSXP Outdoor Small Bird Feeder Hanging Plastic Bird Food Bowl WearResistant Solid Hook Design with Holes No Holes Bird Feeder (color Yellowwith Holes)
- HU Pet Stroller Convenience Simple Breathable Trolley Case Detachable Adjustable Outing Backpack (color Red)
- KESS InHouse NF1005ADM02 Nacho Filella Pop Yellow Vector Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- MiaoMiao Rattan net red cool pet nest summer closed pet house pet bed pet house pet supplies four seasons universal (color Beige, Size M)
- Pet Bag Out Portable Shoulder Pack Shoulder Dog Cat Breathable Waterproof Travel Package (color bluee)
- Pet Grooming Brush pet Brush Dog Brush cat Brush pet Grooming Brush Comb Large Dog Hair Brush Shedding Grooming Tools pet Supplies Big cat Long Hair
- Purple YXNN Pet Shoulder Bag Leather Portable Cat Bag Teddy Dog Bag Autumn And Winter Warm Fashion Portable Outing Bag 46 26 28cm (color PINK)
- Cream French Bulldog The Blissful Dog Gentle Touch Cream French Bulldog Dog Soap
- BRAND NEW HORTI HOOD 180° PORTABLE GREENHOUSE OUTDOOR GARDEN CAVE INNOVATIONS
- CHONGWUCX Super soft plush octagonal nest bluee pink, s
- Flexi Glam Splash Orient M Tape, 5 m
- Green Multicolor Alvalley Nylon Slip Lead for Dogs 6mm X 183cm or 1 4in X 6ft
- Long 12cm8cm Long 12cm8cm Pet Comb,A Gentle Brush for Short Hair and Long Hair Pets(12 8cm) (color Long, Size 12cm8cm)
- 94×82×13cm Hidog A++ bluee Plaid Pet Nest, Home golden Retriever Medium Small Cat Dog Bed, Nonslip Square Linen Pet Mat (Size 94×82×13cm)
- Cat Catch Interactive Slow Feeding Bowl, AntiGulping Pet Bowl Insert Feeder, Bloat Gobble Stopper Dog Puppy Feeding Diet Dishes
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- Birch 25.40 cmHurtta Collection Ultimate Warmer for Dogs, 20Inch, Raspberry
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- Cat Litter Box, Fully Enclosed Litter Box，cat Toilet（bluee, Brown, Pink） (color bluee)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- 1870 Foraging Butterfly Bird Toy cages birds parred natural conure cockatiel
- AXIANQI Korean Version Of The Large Fur Collar Dog Clothes Teddy Four Feet Than Xiong Bomei Pet Small Dog Puppies Thick Autumn And Winter Clothing Fashion Large Fur Collar Autumn And Winter Warm Free
- Cat Scratch Board Kitty Scrathing Mat Natural Sisal Bat Shape Cat Toys Grinding Claw Carpet Pet Supplies Training Scratch Resistant
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- Bark 2 Basics SensiSkin Hypoallergenic Shampoo, 1 gallon
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- 100% Natural Cow Ear Dog Treats by Best Bully Sticks (15 Pack) by Best Bully Sticks
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- blueemax Genuine Leather Patent Snake Dog Leash, 5 8Inch by 4Feet, orange
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
Andrewex wooden fence, fence panel,quality fence panels, border fence x 180, varnished, pinie 106 90 uraade2523-New pet supplies
AKC Diamond Quilted Puff Coat, Medium, Tan
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. Chasing Our Tails Bunny Bites, 100Percent All Naturally Shed Antler Chews, Extra Small Points for Rabbits and Other Small Mammals or Rodents, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
48 Inch (121.9 Cm) Dog Leash 1 Inch (2.0 Cm) Wide bluee with White Paw Prints (bluee) by Greenbriar International
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. @Pet Dog Crate Nylon 90x61x65 cm Grey 11074, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
Andis EGT Ultraedge Plus Black Blade 5F
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
C 505015cmDaeou Pet mat Kennel Pet Litter Dog Supplies Doggy mat
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive 35 inch Tan Leather Dog Collar with Nickel Plated Stars Stellar 3 4 inch (20 mm) wide allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
Beneful Dry Dog Food, Originals with Real Beef, 15.5Pound Bag, Pack of 1
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about Casual Canine ZA1063 12 19 LED Collar 1216In blue.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- Brown Large2 Uses Features Foldable Soft Warm Pet Cat Bed Dog Bed, Dogs Cave Puppy Sleeping Pad Nest Blanket,Red,S (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Aikiou Interactive Dog Bowl, Brown Pink
CANINEDESIGN QUALITY DOG COLLARS Caninedesign, Maryland Dog Collar, 1 inch, Nylon, Side Release Buckle, Adjustable, Medium 1319 inches
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- American Kennel Club AKC6466BROWN Burlap Cuddler Pet Bed
- Black Bones LiRongPing Kennel, warm winter, medium size, small dog, pet nest, large dog, cat and dog mat, dog house four seasons (color Pattern brown)
- AYCC Pet Canvas Travel Backpack, Outdoor Backpack, Breathable, Portable, Pet Supplies,Grey
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- 4mm Skretting Ornamental Koi Pellets 15kg Floating Fish Food
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- BrownC ZRZJBX Prevue Bird Cage Medium Birdcage Bird Cage Liner Bird Cage Accessories Made By Bamboo Sutiable For Small Birds Easy To Clean,BrownC
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- Basin, wine, wall fountain, garden, aluminium basin, antique style fountain
- CCISS Pet Bed Triangle Sailboat Washable Foldable Pet Tent Game House Cat Nest Kennel Light In Mass Indoor Decorative Tent
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- B 555136cmPet Waterloo Cat House Dog House Detachable Collapsible Washable Cat Bed Moisture Chair Outdoor Camping (color C, Size 72 67 42cm)
Antiques World Medium Size Vintage Theme Look Bird Cage Made Of Metal Home Art Decor Collectible AWUSASI 07
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- BYCWS Cat CaveDog Bed for Small Dogs Cat Bed Cave for Indoor Cats Self Warming Pet Bed Warm Cat Bed Pet Cave Sleep Zone Cuddle Cave Pet Bed,S50x45x35cm
- CATAGO Exercise Sheet Full Cooler
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- BilJac America's VetDogs Skin & Coat Dog Treats, 10 oz.
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- 26 inch Black Leather Dog Collar Flowers & Twigs Decor by Artisan Exclusive Handcrafted Item 1 1 2 inch (40 cm) Wide Gift Box Included
- 9m FLEXI, Pack of 4 VOSS.farming 4 x Electric Fence Gate System FlexiGate Incl. Gate Handle, 7.5 m Tape (40 mm, 13x Stainless Steel Conductors) Weatherproof Predective Case Suitable for all Animal Fences
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
BeiYoYo Flea Control Dog Collar for 8 Months of Predection
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- A JIANGU Office small fish tank, home living room decoration acrylic aquarium
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- bluee Ridge Naturals Sweet Tater Fries, 5 oz., Small by bluee Ridge Naturals
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Brown&bluee LargeXZONE PET Pet Carriers Airline Approved, Soft Sided Collapsible for Medium Puppy and Cats
- Christmas Reindeer Shape Slipper Nest Removeable Dog Kennel Bed for Cats and Small Dogs Bee MOptions
B greenigo Montana All Purpose Saddle Pad
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Aoligei Breathable Folding Bag Travel Portable oneShoulder Backpack Canvas +pe, Coping with Infertility, and Black White Southwestern Equine Wool Horse Show Blanket Reinmaker Navajo Saddle Pad 100% New Zealand Wool Top Blanket.
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
Abusun Foldable Pet House White Elegant Pet Tent Lace Cats Sleeping Bag
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
BiuTeFang Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Kennel dog bed double cat Nest Teddy Cat dog mat velvet face Autumn winter warm pet Supplies
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
Caldene Horse Martingale Running Black Pony
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Biorb TUBE 30L in Black with MCR LED Lighting and 105 Aquarium Stand
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff