ArtDog Ltd. Kerry bluee Terrier, urn for dog’s ashes with relief and sentence with your dog name and date
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
bluee LTangFei Dog Chain Medium Large Dog Dog golden Retriever Dog Walking Rope Chain Collar Chain Traction (color bluee, Size L)
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including Black LargePet Carrier Backpack for Small and Medium Dogs, Front Facing Adjustable Pack, Veterinarian Approved Safe Bag for Travel to Carry Canine, baby adoption in the US, 2Pcs Cat Food Ball, Pet Toy Cat Slow Feeder Ball Mice Tumbler Shaped Cat Dog Treat Ball Pet Food BallExercise Thinking Improve Intelligence IQ Food Toys Ball, foster care adoption, 60 x Beekeeping 1L 2pt Shallow Mini Rapid Feeder (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our C MPet house Fashion Leopard Style Portable Foldable Pet House Cat Dog Room Bed 3 colors 3 Size (color C, Size M). We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- bluee 44cmx33.5CMGwanna Pet Electric Hot Plate, Cat Dog Rabbit Safe Heating Hard Pad Soft Pad for Pets Sleeping (color bluee, Size 44cmx33.5CM)
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- Aquaneat 700GPH Submersible Aquarium Water Pump Hydroponic Fountain Powerhead for Fish Tank Pond Waterfall
- AnnCWLY Petdisabled Auxiliary Belt, Medium And Largesized Elderly Dogs, Disabled Dogs, Injured Dogs, And Middlesection Safety Traction Belts (color Camouflage, Size M)
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- Blackwood Pet Food 075492021031 Adirondack Everyday Recipe Dog Food, 5Lbs
- Afafqfe Cat Dancer, 2 PCS Cat Toy Fabric Ribbon Safe Flexible Cat Teaser Cat Charmer with Bell
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- B SWuwenw Pet Dog Cottage House Home Kennel Four Season House Cushion Cat House,M,A
- Amazon Floral Martingale Control Dog Collar Size Large 26 Long Made In The USA
- Adoption Therapy
- Barrons Books Aquarium Fish Survival Manual
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- Aigou Dog Bed Dog Bed Sofa Denim bluee Plaid Design Detachable And Washable Pet Bed For Small Medium Dogs Cat House Bed Mat Sofa Supplies
BHDYHM Pet Bed,Soft Pet Nest,Cat and Dog Cushion Bed,Dog Kennel,Dog Bed,Removable And Washable,Warm,Pet Supplies Four Seasons Universal Suitable For Pets (Size L)
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, 30 by 40\ Kess InHouse Monika Strigel Purple Peacock Lavender Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40 , Baoblaze 2 3 4 5 6 Ways CO2 TriPass Splitter Aquarium Water Plants Tank Accessories 5 Way, B LadderCZZ Pet Stair, 3 Steps Cat Dog Training Stair Detachable Suede Suitable for Small and Medium Pets 4 colors,B,Ladder, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- 30x40 bluee Rectangle Pet Dog Bed With Removable Washable Cover By Majestic Pet Products Small to Medium by Majestic Pet
- Longshow Pet House Simulation Wood Cat Room Corrugated Paper Cat Cat Board Cat House Cat Worm Cat Pet Supplies
- Harry's Horse Fleece 33000230 – 06 Wraps Set Of 4, Olive
- Gtest 500W Rechargeable Wireless Electric Sheep Shears Portable Goat Clippers 4000mAh Rechargeable, for Shaving Fur Wool in Alpacas,Llamas and Other Farm Livestock Pet
- Kess InHouse Robin Dickinson Karate Kid Pose Art Object Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15-Inch
- Perfect Petzzz Plush Black Lab Breathing Puppy Dog with Dog Food, Treats, and Chew Toy Includes Myriads Drawstring Bag
- Pink 363049cmHOUYAZHAN Pet Trolley Outer Tug Pack Portable Pet Travel Bag Breathable Trolley Backpack (color Black, Size 36 30 49cm)
- Saddle Western randol' S Memphis Selle Selle Western American Monta randol' S
- KESS InHouse Busy Bree Rise & Grind gold Illustration Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- Pet Gear Pet Stairs Lace Skirt for High Bed Sofa 4 Step Stool for Medium Cats Dogs Pet Ladder
- Qty. 4 from TLC 4 pk. Original Trademarked My Pets are Home Alone Alert Emergency Medical ICE ID Plastic Contact Wallet Card and Key Tag Dogs Cats (Qty. 4 from TLC)
- Uniqus 4 PCS Car Auto Semi-Rigid PVC Splash Flaps Mudguards Fender Guard for BMW X4M
- Back on Track Working Mixed Stripes
- CaptainCrafts Dog Leash Harness Set Adjustable Durable for Small Medium Large Pet Dog Walk Run (GreenL)
- Car Pet Barrier Safety Net for Dog, FREESOO Vehicle Universal Mesh Fence Safety Barrier Durable Travel Blocks Dogs Access To Car Front Seats
- DINGG Fun Pet Super Bright USB Rechargeable LED Dog Safety CollarExcellent Visibility & Improved Safety4 colors for Big Dogs,red
- FERZA petsuppliesmisc Oxford Cloth Antiskid Pet Seat Warm Four Seasons Pet MatGreen (Size S)
- HBHS Compatible Stopper, Pet Collar, Vibrating Dog Training Device compatible
- Kess InHouse Beth Engel Fly High and Touch The Sky Dog Bed, 50 by 60Inch, Navy bluee
- Cat Warmer Mat Pet Cushion Dog Bed Crate Mattress Pad Comfortable Everywhere Beige Large
- Cat Litter pet cat cat Bed Warm pet nest pad Brown Large Size Small cat Dog Exclusive Triangle nest to Send Thick pad Soft Warm Comfortable Thickening Four Seasons Universal Warm Heart Gift
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- blueE BUFFALO WILDERNESS TRAIL TREATS GRAIN FREE SALMON BISCUITS DOG TREATS 40 OZ MADE in USA
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- Cichlid gold Fish Food Large Pellet Floating Type 8.8 oz (250g) (2 Pack)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Coastal Pet Products Flowers Sublime Adjustable Dog Collar, 1.5 x 18 26 (23921 FPU26)
- Calmkeen 75 mg 120 Count Nutritional Supplement for Small Dogs and Cats Up to 22 Pounds (Formerly Calmkene)
- Cat scraper various sizes cat toy cat scratch board cat supplies cat scratch board (Size 35CM)
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- ChewMax Roasted Duck Feet 100 Count of 100% Natural Roasted Duck Feet Made in the USA
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- AUSWIEI Stainless Steel Dog Chain Collar Adjustable Wide Collar Medium and Large Dogs Dog Ring (color White, Size 12MMX130CM)
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- CATSPIA Castor Harness for Pets, Wine, Large
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
MEIHAOYITIAN Pet Bag Comfort Travel Bag Large Capacity Carrying Backpack 32 28 44CM,3 Out 6 uraade1645-Carriers & Travel Products
Brown 21 x18 x6.3 Vim Tree001 Waterproof Pet Bed Durable Cover Dog Bed Lounge Sofa for Small Medium Large Dog Brown 26 x22 x7.1
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. 25Pack Mouse Toys for Cats,Catnip chew mice cat Toy,Tumble Cage Mice cat Toys, Value Pack Cat Toys,Funny, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
Classic Plain Pattern Round Shaped Bolster Cushion For Pets (Material Cotton, color Russet) (26 cm H x 64 cm W x 53 cm D)
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. CHELIZI Pet Plush Sound toys small and mediumsized dog decompression vent training Pet Supplies Report, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
Cat Toilet Split Type pet Litter Box, SemiClosed Cat Trash Can, with Shovel, Cat Pet Supplies,Black
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
CableRack 7m SFP+ 10GB Fiber Optic Active Direct Attach Cable
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive Cat Collar AntiFlea Mosquito Pet Cat Puppy Insect Collar Natural Insect Repellent Oil Pet Collar(2Pack) allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
Caraselle Pack Of 8 Pet Hair Lint Remover Multipack Refills With 60Metres Long Roll Of Sticky Paper With Adhesive Surface Which Can Be Torn Off & Thrown Away Once Used. Designed For Removing Lint, Dust & Animal Hair From Clothes & Upholstery
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about Celloquent For Cats Enhanced Immune Support (220g).
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- BioVITES MultiNutrient Vitamins, Minerals and Enzymes for Dogs and Cats 1600 g Powder (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Challenger XL Miniature Weanling Donkey Pony Horse Foal Fly Summer Sheet White 51803
B 50x41cmYunYilian Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Washable Kennel Dog mat (color A, Size 50x41cm)
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- CANE+AUSTIN 30 Percent Miracle Pad +
- 554157 Digestaid Synbiotic Paste for Horses, 60 CC
- BEITAI Cat Litter Pot Semiclosed Deodorant Extra Large Antisplash Large Cat Supplies Small Kitten Cat Toilet (Capacity Install sediment 15L)
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- A&E Cage HB130 Small Hairy Monster
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- Aetertek AT216D 600 Yard Remote Dog Training Shock Collar Waterproof Submersible No bark Collar for 3 Dogs
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- Brown Stripe S 45x35x15cmCHUNXU Pets Products for Puppies Pet Bed for Animals Dog Beds for Large Dogs Cat House Dog Bed Mat Cat Sofa Supplies,Grey Stripe,M 55x45x16cm
- 90x60x15cm CSYP Warm Dog Bed, Elevated Pet Bed Portable Camping Or Indoor Black (122x72x21cm) Comfortable (Size 90x60x15cm)
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- bluee SLife Jacket, Dog's Safe and Sturdy Swimming Vest, Oxford Cloth Quality Material, Green and Other Multicolor Optional, Easy to Carry (Size L, M, S) (color orange, Size L)
Car Rear Back Seat Carrier Cover Pet Dog Mat Blanket with Ear Waterproof Pad
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- Beeztees Leather Collar, 80 x 4.5 cm, Tarek Brown
- 4Knines SUV Cargo Liner for Dogs USA Based Company
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- B Blesiya Professional Dog Bite Sleeves for Training Work Dog Sleeves Fit Malinois
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- Challenger Large Miniature Weanling Donkey Pony Horse Foal Fly Summer Sheet White 51804
- Abbfabb Supporting Belly Strap (Large)
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
A4 GJ Pet Bag Space Capsule Cat Bag Backpack Transparent Breathable Space Bag Cat Dog Backpack New Carrying Case (color A2)
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- Backpacks & Slings Pet Out Bag Portable Dog Backpack Space Capsule Cat Viewing Backpack Pet Travel Backpack Multifunction Household Pet Box Loadbearing 5KG (color Brown, Size 30 23 43cm)
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- bluee Winter Warm Round Dog Bed Soft Kitten Puppy Pets Mat For Small Dogs (color bluee)
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Andrewex wooden fence, privacy, garden fence, fencing panel 180 120 x 90, varnished, pinie
- Activedogs Service Dog Vest Harness + Free Clipon Bridge Handle + Free Clipon ID Carrier + Free 30 ADA Federal Law Information Cards + Free Reflective Service Dog Patches (M Girth 22 30 )Options
Black Soft Durable Nylon Dog Collar Stripe Pet Classic Solid color Collars
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Arteki Mini USB Desktop Aquarium Fish Tank with Clock LCD Display and LED Table Lamp (WHITE), Coping with Infertility, and ANLIN Stainless Steel pet Comb Dog Hair Removal Comb Brush pet Supplies A Variety of Models to Choose from Suitable for All Kinds of Dog Breeds.
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
CFHJN HOME Soft Fleece Pet Blanket for Cat and Dog Paw Printed Small and Medium (60x70cm, Grey) Pet Bed Blanket
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
Cat Scratch Board Kitty Scrathing Mat Natural Sisal Bat Shape Cat Toys Grinding Claw Carpet Pet Supplies Training Scratch Resistant
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
Bungee Pupee 6Feet Large Leash, Red Black gold
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Aspen Pet 41299 Traditional Kennel, 24
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff