B JLFAIRY Wood Handmade Cat Bed Cat Hammock Cradle Mat Swing Dog Bed Puppy Blanket Pet Bed Pet Product Cat Toy Sleeping Hammock
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
Chongwu01 Indoor Pet Puppy Toilet PP Material Potty Training Pet Flat Toilet
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including bluee w Tan Trim LargeFurHaven Pet Dog Bed Deluxe Orthopedic Polycanvas Indoor Outdoor Garden Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats, Jungle Green, Large, baby adoption in the US, Chuckit Medium Amphibious Shark Fin Dog Toy (colors vary), foster care adoption, Car Seat Cover For Dog Waterproof& Abrasion Resistance Oxford Waterproof Predector For Pet Rear Seat Cover (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our BR Passion Larch Dahlia DR Saddle Cloth. We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- 1200D Miniature Weanling Donkey Pony Horse Foal Winter Blanket 51943
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- Animal Bag Travel Pet Carrier For Dogs & Cats Travel Friendly (13 X 10.2 X 15.7 Inches)
- Beige Seat Covers Cloth Pet Soft Car Seat Pet Cat Cat Cat Car Seat Booster Seat Bracket Outdoor Car Can Be Naughty with Bags (color Black)
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- AndyTours Ultra Soft Flannel Blanket，Fish,Illustrated Marine Aquarium Fishes with The Face of a Bird Hand Drawn, Dried pink Purple Dimgrey,Lightweight Microfiber,All Season for Couch or Bed 70 x90
- Black SmallBABYS'q Pet Rectangular Bed,Sofa For Dogs Cats,Detachable Washing Warm Kennel For Winter,Black,S
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- Alpaca Wool Hand made Phuyu Dog Sweater Size XSmall color Black
- Character Fish Tank Eye eye Bamboo Ultra White Glass gold Fish Tank, Desktop Flow Aquarium, Ecological Living Room Creative Mini Small Round Lazy (color Character fish tank)
- Adoption Therapy
- B 25.5cmKGMYGS Pet Toys Dog Toys Foaming Sound Sticks Molar Cleansing Pet Toys Two pet toy (color B, Size 36cm)
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- A 522529cmDaeou Pet Backpack Dog Out Bag with Carryon Bag
Cat Furniture for Kittens Luminous Necklace_Led Luminous Necklace, Flashing Pet Belt, Big Dog Suitable,L,Yellow
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, B Baosity Bird Carrier with Water Drinker for Breathable Pet Backpack for Travel, Cycling & Outdoor, Atlas World Agaricus Bio for Dogs and Cats, Pet Immune Support Mushroom Supplement, 300 mg, 60 Vegetable Capsules, Burgon & Ball Farmer Pack Dag Comb & Shear Cutters Wide, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- (85 Cubic Inches) Near & Dear Pet Memorials Bamboo Box Pet Urn
- Petsfella 32-inch Double Stacked Flight Cage for Bird Parred Dove Pigeon Sugar Glider
- SHZONS Bird Travel Cage PVC Transparent Breathable Parred Handbag with a Wooden Stick
- XXXL Moor Kien Root Size 98X26X40 5567 Aquarium Root Moorkien Decorative
- 3pcs Pet Training Toy,Dog Toy Ball with Sound Light Flashing for Dogs Puppy Molar,Chewing,Bouncing, Running,Flashing Bouncing Pet Toys
- Chuckit Large Ultra Balls for Dog Fetch Games Quantity 6
- 2Krmstr Foldable Pet Playpen,Portable Pet Tent with Soft Pad,Exercise Pen Kennel for Puppy,Dogs,Cats
- DIAMO Cat Play Mat, Cat Tent Activity Center with Hanging Toys
- Field Guardian 16Guage Aluminum Wire, 1 2 Miles
- Hongyushanghang Dog Bed, Dog Cooling Bed, Small and Medium Dog PVC Cool Mattress, UltraThin Cooling Artifact for Sofa Floor Car Sleeping Pad Foldable, bluee Yellow Pink L fine
- Kess InHouse CarolLynn Tice Starwberry Shortcake Pet Bowl, 7Inch, Pink Stripes
- Black Zhao Li Outdoor Pet Bag Vented Space Capsule Pet Pack Outing Carrying Bag, Travel Backpack Large Double Hole with Fan @ (color Black)
- [en.casa] Cat Scratcher Barrel Post Toy 70 x 37 x 37 cm House Grey
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- Aida Bz Cat House Cat Scratch Board Cat Litter Cat House Double Corrugated Paper Grinder Plate Claw Claw Cat Toy
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- bluee Life USA Water Background, 25 by 25Inch, Black
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- C 80×40×40cmPet Stairs Suitable for Small and Medium Pets Accessibility AntiSlip Ladder Removable, Washable, 6 colors, Multiple Sizes (color F, Size 70×33×30cm)
- Cat Litter Boxes Fully Enclosed Litter Box, Large Cat Pull Basin Sand Basin Deodorant Cat Toilet Cat Supplies (color Coffee color)
- BLRYP Pet Backpack Pet Puppy Carrier Travel Backpack, Soft Sided Mesh Breathable Bags for Dogs Cats Rabbits Lightweight Portable Handbag Walking,Travel,Hiking,Camping (color Green, Size XL)
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- 18 inch Villa Aubergine Canopy Cat Bed
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- CARBE kennelRemovable Design Burger Shape Pet Bed Shu Pet Kennel Bed With Mat For Puppy Dogs
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- AYCC Pet Dog Travel Bag, Handbag, Carryout Bag, Shoulder Bag, Polyester Oxford, Light And Breathable, Pet Supplies,Red
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
AquaView 3Gallon Fish Tank Lighting and Power Filter LED with uraade4668-New pet supplies
2430 Inch 78 LED Aquarium Lighting Fish Tank Light Fixture by AV Prime Inc.
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. Aoligei Cat Play Towers & Trees Station Cat Tree Pet Supplies Classic cat Furniture 55 50 136cm, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
Anima AN12633L Knit Argyle Pet Sweater, Large, Grey
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. Cobalt Aquatics 23301 Freshwater Aquarium Salt Water Conditioner, 36 oz, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
BROWN M66ccwwww Pet bed Kennel cat litter, removable and washable pet nest medium and small kennel dog bed dog supplies suitable for 20 kg dog (color RED, Size M)
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
907522cm YunYilian Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Cloth Washable Corn Dog Kennel pet nest (Size 90 75 22cm)
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive Cesar Canine Cuisine in Meaty Juices Variety Pack 6.61 lbs allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
BuckleDown PCW32835L Dog Collar Plastic Clip Bucklebluee Sunset1 X 1526
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about Apple MediumMajestic Pet Medium Round Pet Bed, Villa Fern.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- 2in1 Cat,Dog Bed Pet Bed Snooze Tunnel and Mat for Pets Cats Dogs and Kittens,Houses for Dog(Puppy) & Cat Beige, Portable Pet Tents for Travel or Home Size L (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Best Cat and Dog Pet Bed,Ultra Plush Sofa Style Couch Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats, Cozy Inner Cushion for Home Easy Maintenance Dog Bed,G,S
A XLargePet Dog Cat Cool Mat Pad Bed Mattress Heat Relief NonToxic
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- BTPDIAN Pet Carrying Case Pet Bag Pet Backpack Teddy Chest Bag (color D, Size L)
- bluee L8haowenju Dog bed, detachable puppy, teddy golden dog pad, large dog bed, small medium and large mattress, dog mattress, pet supplies, Garfield, kennel Comfortable and comfortable
- ClickIt SPORT Dog Safety Harness Safest CrashTested Car Harness by Sleepypod (L 7289 cm, Jet Black)
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- CAIJJ WLQ Cat Pack Out Cat Cage Dog Bag Breathable Cat Bag Cat Backpack Portable Pet Shoulder Bag
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- CERBERUS bluee Stripe Oxford Cloth Kennel With Pillow Waterproof NonSlip,Two,S
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- Bowser 14506 Super Soft Round Bed
- BritePet LED Safety Dog Collar USB Rechargeable with Metal Buckle 4 Sizes 6 colors Water Resistant Bright Lightup Illuminating Flash or Steady Glow (L (17 20 ), Red)
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Buddy Biscuits Original Oven Baked Treats With Peanut Butter 16 Oz. (Pack Of 6)
AosyGFR Space Pet Backpack Cat Small Teddy Dog Shoulder Pet Bag Pet Supplies
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- Black MagiDeal Pet Dog Puppy Carrier Breathable Backpack Outside Travel Bag MultiFunctional W 4 Wheels bluee
- Aqi7 Removable And Washable Dog Bed Dog Cushion Warmth Predection Spine Small And Medium Pet Cat Dog Sofa Bed
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- 4X Soopa Papaya Healthy Dog Chew 85g
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- B MediumDog Kennel,Teddy Bichon Washable Small Medium Dog Cat Bed Sofa Suitable For All Seasons,stable Foam Coating Cloth
- 1001S Pet Nest, Removable and Washable Doghouse Four Seasons Universal Cat Bed Pet Supplies Sofa Cushion (color 1003M)
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
bluee Ridge Fish Food Pellets Mini and Large Blend Growth Formula, Koi and goldfish Floating Pellet, Balanced Diet
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- Aquarius AQ1224 Aquarium LED Light Strip, Expandable 18 to 24, 91 LED Lamps
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- Bobby Tentation Bag, Small, Black
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Alessi AMMI19 B Lula' Dog Bowl, Black, Black
- Cole's CB20 Cajun Cardinal Blend Bird Seed, 20PoundOptions
2.5Pound Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Indoor 7+ Dry Adult Cat Food
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Beige+Green 62 x 62 x 30 HEliteField 2Door Soft Pet Playpen, Exercise Pen, Multiple Sizes and colors Available for Dogs, Cats and Other Pets (52 x 52 x 32 H, Brown+Beige), Coping with Infertility, and Cat Dog Bowls, AntiSlip Cat Food Bowl Cat Feeding Bowl Cat Water Bowl, Small Pet Double Bowl Feeder, for Cats Puppies (color Green).
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
AYCC Pet Bag, Handbag, Cat Cage, Small Travel Cat Backpack, Portable, Foldable, Pet Supplies,Green
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
C 69X57X6CMGZDXHN Dog House Winter European Iron Frame Bed Fashion Pattern Leopard Mattress Kennel Cat Litter Mat Can Be Cleaned X
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
Classic Products Double Circle Shedder
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Chongwubao Cat Bag Outing Portable Cat Backpack Dog Bag Cat Takeout Cat Cage Pet Bag (color Light green)
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff