UBCD4Win is a bootable CD which contains tons of free tools that allows you to repair, restore, or diagnose almost any computer problem. In this tutorial we’ll show you how to bypass Windows 7 administrator password with UBCD4Win – Ultimate Boot CD for Windows.
Note: UBCD4Win is a freeware so don’t expect it to work with domain controllers. If you want to find a more powerful yet easy-to-use password recovery software, try the PCUnlocker Live CD.
Part 1: Create A UBCD4Win Live CD
- Download the freeware UBCD4Win from its official website. The download is pretty big (about 269Mb), so expect to wait a while if your network connection is slow.
- After installing, start the UBCD4Win (UBCD4WinBuilder.exe) program. Point the “Source” path to your Windows XP setup CD or Windows 2003 installation CD. However, Vista is not yet supported as a source.
- Insert a blank CD, select “Burn to CD/DVD” and click Build. The whole process will take a little while.
Part 2: Bypass Windows 7 Administrator Password
- Once the CD has been created, go to the BIOS and make sure your CD-ROM is set as the first boot device. Start up the computer with UBCD4Win in the CD-ROM and you will have some boot options. Choose the “Launch The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows” option.
- It will take a few minutes to load fully, but when it does you should see a Windows XP like interface. Once there, go to Start > Programs > Password Tools > NTPWEdit.
- Once the utility is open, you need to click the (Re)open button to open up the SAM file which should show you the list of local system accounts for your Windows installation. Select the Administrator account and click on Change Password.
- Type your new password twice, or leave the password fields blank if you want to clear the password. Click OK.
- Restart the computer, remove the UBCD4Win Live CD from the drive, and you should be able to log into Windows administrator account with the new password you’ve set.
Forgot Windows administrator password and locked out of your PC? Most of Windows password recovery tools require you to create a bootable disc for cracking a password, but what do you do if you don’t have a blank CD or USB stick in hand? This tutorial will show you how to boot your locked PC directly over Network Interface Card (NIC), so you can then reset forgotten Windows password without using a CD or USB drive.
PXE works with Network Interface Card (NIC) of the system by making it function like a boot device. Nearly every modern Windows PC has a BIOS which supports PXE booting. Just put the PCUnlocker Live image on a PXE server, you can then boot any other PC/netbook on the same LAN network to use PCUnlocker for resetting a lost Windows password!
Check out this article for detailed instructions:
Windows Password Recovery Using PXE Network Boot
If you’re replacing or deleting system files in Windows 7 then first you have to take ownership & grant full control of the file to your account. Though this can be done from the GUI or the command prompt, it takes far too many steps especially if you need to proceed multiple files.
Luckily there is a freeware TakeOwnershipPro which enables you to take ownership of multiple folders or files in just a few mouse clicks! Here’s how it works:
- Download and install the TakeOwnershipPro program on your computer.
- After installing, start the TakeOwnershipPro program from the desktop shortcut or Start Menu.
- Click the Add button to choose the folders or files which you want to take ownership of, or simply drag the folders/files from Windows Explorer and then drop them to this program.
- Click Take Ownership button. If you want to take ownership of all subfolders and files inside your selected folder, tick the checkbox Include subfolders and files.
- Besides taking ownership from within the app, you can also right-click on your selected folders or files in Windows Explorer, and then select TakeOwnershipPro from the context menu. This program works with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.
Lost Windows 7 password and can’t log on to your ASUS Zenbook? A forgotten password is no need for panic. As long as you have a password removal utility, you can get back into Windows 7 Ultrabook in minutes. PCUnlocker is one of the best recovery tools that can help you get rid of forgotten Windows 7 password with ease. The following is a walkthrough of using a CD to reset Windows 7 admin password on ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook.
First of all, you need to make a PCUnlocker Live CD using a secondary computer, not your locked PC. Download the ISO image of PCUnlocker and burn it onto a blank CD with your CD burning program. If you don’t have one, try the freeware ISO2Disc or ImgBurn.
Once you’ve created a PCUnlocker Live CD, put it in the CD drive of your locked ASUS Zenbook laptop. Power on the machine and repeatedly press F2 key to enter the BIOS Setup. Go to the Security tab and disable the Secure Boot Control option. Navigate to the Boot tab, disable Fast Boot and enable Launch CSM. Press F10 to save and exit.
Press and hold ESC key to launch Boot Menu when the computer restarts. Select the CD drive from the list and press Enter to boot from it. After a while, the PCUnlocker program will launch and it shows you a list of local accounts for your Windows 7 installation.
Select the administrator account and click on Reset Password button. This will reset your ASUS Zenbook login password immediately. Take out the CD and reboot, you can then get back into your Windows 7 system without entering a password!
If you’re tired of typing in your password every time you want to log into your Windows account, fingerprint reader may be able to lend some assistance. Once set up, simply swipe your finger over the reader and you’ll be automatically signed in.
In this article I’ll show you how to set up fingerprint reader on Dell Latitude E6420 with Windows 7 pre-installed.
- Go to Windows Start->Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Biometric Devices.
- Click on Change biometric settings.
- Select Biometrics on settings.
- Choose Allow users to log on to Windows and domain.
- Press Save Changes button.
- Click on Use your fingerprint with Windows.
- Follow wizard installation instructions to enroll your fingerprints.
- Begin using fingerprint authentication feature by selecting the Fingerprint emblem at Logon.
The first time it will ask you to enter your password to verify authentication. Thereafter you can use just the fingerprint to logon. A slow finger swipe is recommended. It may take a few seconds to fingerprint authenticate.
When you launch Startup Repair and get to the login screen, you have to enter the password before you can access “Startup Repair” or “System Restore” in the System Recovery Options. What to do if you’ve forgotten the startup repair password?
Just take it easy! Simply boot your computer from PCUnlocker Live CD and it enables you to reset Startup Repair password quickly. The PCUnlocker utility exists as a bootable ISO image, which needs to be burned to a blank CD or placed on a bootable USB drive. It could be used to reset lost administrator password on Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP.
Once you’ve created a PCUnlocker Live CD, put it in the CD drive of the Windows 7 computer that you’re trying to reset the password for. Power on the computer and make the CD-ROM to boot first in the BIOS. If all goes well, you should be booting into a mini Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE). PCUnlocker is launched automatically after the system has booted, and it searches your Windows installation and displays a list of local accounts stored in your SAM database.
Choose your administrator account and click on “Reset Password” button. The program will remove your forgotten password and tweak the account’s properties so you can later login without a password. Take out the Live CD and reboot your computer. Repeatedly press F8 key to access the Advanced Boot Options screen again, and you can then log on with a blank password and continue to perform a Startup Repair or System Restore. Done!
Locked out of Windows 7 system and couldn’t login? How to log on to Windows 7 if you forgot the administrator password? PCUnlocker is an amazing bootdisk that can help you bypass Windows 7 logon password, and unlock a disabled, locked or expired user account.
To get the software to work, you will need to make a PCUnlocker Live CD from another computer. Boot your locked Windows 7 system from the Live CD and you can easily bypass forgotten logon password in the Security Accounts Manager (SAM). These instructions are written assuming a bootable CD is being used, but are essentially the same for a bootable USB drive.
How to Bypass Windows 7 Logon Password?
- Download the PCUnlocker software using an alternative computer. Once downloaded, extract the ISO file (pcunlocker.iso) from the ZIP file.
- Next download and install ISO2Disc, a freeware for making bootable CD or USB drive. Run the ISO2Disc program, click on Browse button to select the PCUnlocker ISO image.
- Choose your CD/DVD recorder and click on Start Burn to make a PCUnlocker Live CD.
- After you’ve created a PCUnlocker Live CD, put it in the CD drive of the locked Windows 7 computer you want to bypass the password for.
- Power on the computer and quickly press the key indicated in the POST screen (i.e. DELETE key, F2 key, F12 key) to enter BIOS Setup. The exact key depends on your computer – if you don’t see the appropriate key displayed on your screen, consult your computer’s manual.
- Once you’re in the BIOS Setup, go to the Boot menu. Change the boot sequence and set your computer to boot from CD/DVD first.
- Press F10 to save your changes and exit the BIOS.
- The computer will then restart from PCUnlocker Live CD. After a while, you’ll see the PCUnlocker program and it shows you a list of local accounts stored in the Security Accounts Manager (SAM).
- Choose a user and click Reset Password button, the program will unlock / bypass your forgotten Windows 7 logon password immediately.
- Now take out the Live CD. The next time you boot, Windows 7 will load up on its own without asking for a password. If you’re on a multi-user computer, the logon screen will still appear after starting Windows 7 but when you click on the user that had the password removed, you will not be prompted for a password and will instead enter Windows automatically.
Can’t remember your Windows 7 login password? As you all know without knowing the current password we are unable to change Windows password. Today I am going to show you two easy ways to change Windows 7 password without knowing the old password.
Option 1: Change Windows 7 Password from Command Prompt
This is an especially handy trick if you want to change a password on an account but you’ve forgotten the old password (going through the Control Panel can require confirmation of the old password). You need to have admin access to perform this change from the command line.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt. Click on Start button, go to All Programs -> Accessories and right click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from context menu.
- You can use the net usercommand to change Windows password easily, without supplying the old password:
net user username new_password
Replace username with your Windows account name, and new_password with your desired new password.
If you’re totally locked out of Windows, you’re unable to run any program such as command line tool to change your password. In this situation, you need to use a bootable media to change Windows password.
Option 2: Change Windows 7 Password with PCUnlocker
PCUnlocker is a bootable utility that can reset the password of any Windows user account. It works with all versions of Windows, including Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP. Follow these steps and you can change Windows password without knowing the old password:
- First of all, you need to use another PC to download the PCUnlocker program, which comes as a bootable CD image. Burn the ISO image to a blank CD or USB drive using the ISO2Disc utility.
- Insert the newly burned CD or USB drive into your target computer, and set it to boot from CD/USB.
- Once you’ve booted into the CD/USB drive, you’ll be presented with the screen of PCUnlocker. This program automatically locates the SAM database file for your installed Windows operating system, and shows you a list of local user accounts.
- Select a user account and click on Reset Password button. It will remove your old password immediately. Restart the computer and you can then log into your Windows account without typing a password!
Locked out of your Sony Vaio laptop and can’t login to Windows 7? How can I access Sony Vaio if I have forgotten the password? Problem begins when ever you not having the password reset disk with you or not yet created. Even though it seems a huge problem, it is still not so tough to bypass Windows 7 password.
Here I’m going to explain how to reset Sony Vaio Windows 7 password with PCUnlocker Live CD or USB drive. This method works with all Sony Vaio laptops and tablets, including UEFI-based computers.
Part 1: Create A PCUnlocker Live CD/USB Drive
- Before resetting Sony Vaio password, you need to use another computer to make a PCUnlocker boot media. Simply download the trial version of PCUnlocker Enterprise, unzip the downloaded file and you’ll get an ISO image file called pcunlocker.iso.
- Next download and install the freeware ISO2Disc. Run the ISO2Disc program, click on Browse button to select the PCUnlocker ISO image.
- To make a PCUnlocker Live CD, simply select Burn to CD/DVD and click on Start Burn. However, if you don’t have a blank CD at hand, you can make a bootable USB drive: Choose your USB drive and then click on Start Burn.
Part 2: Reset Sony Vaio Windows 7 Password
- Plug the USB drive into a USB port of your Sony Vaio laptop, or put the CD in the optical drive if you’ve created a Live CD.
- When the computer is turned off, press the Assist button at the top of the keyboard, and you’re greeted with Sony’s VAIO Care utility.
- Select the Start from media (USB device/optical disc) [F11] option to proceed. Now the computer starts to boot from the CD or USB drive.
- After one or two minutes, you’ll see the PCUnlocker program and it shows you a list of local accounts existing on your Sony Vaio laptop.
- Choose a local account and then click Reset Password button, it will reset your forgotten password immediately.
Restart your computer and disconnect the PCUnlocker boot media. You can then log in to your Windows 7 system without a password. With this boot media you can also reset Sony Vaio Windows 8 password with ease.
Forgot Windows password on a laptop but the only other computer that you have access to is a Mac? Don’t panic. Just create a PCUnlocker Live CD on your Mac and you can then use it boot off Windows machine for resetting lost admin password. Follow these steps and you can reset Windows password from Mac.
How can Mac Users Reset Lost Windows Password?
- Click here to download and save the PCUnlocker program on your Mac OS X. The downloaded file is a self-extracting zip archive which contains a WinPE-based ISO image called pcunlocker.iso.
- Double-click on the .zip file you have downloaded, Archive Utility should appear and automatically extract your files. Once the files have been extracted, you can find the pcunlocker.iso file in a folder located in the same location as the original .zip file.
- Insert a blank CD into your Mac’s optical drive.
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications -> Utilities and double-click Disk Utility.
- Once the Disk Utility is launched, click the Burn button at the top of Disk Utility in the toolbar.
- Choose the pcunlocker.iso file from the pop-up window. Click on Burn and confirm your operation. Sit back and wait while your new disc gets written!
- Insert the CD into the CD drive of your locked Windows computer. Boot the computer from the CD.
- Once the WinPE operating system inside the CD is loaded into memory, the PCUnlocker application will start. It displays a list of local user accounts that are detected from your Windows SAM database.
- Choose your administrator account and click on Reset Password button. It will reset your forgotten Windows admin password immediately.
- Click Restart to reboot your computer and remove the CD. You can then log in to your Windows administrator account without a password. Done!